Total Corbion PLA is a global technology leader in Poly Lactic Acid (PLA). PLA is a versatile, biobased and biodegradable polymer made from annually renewable resources. PLA offers a reduced carbon footprint versus many traditional plastics and can be used in a wide range of markets and applications. Total Corbion PLA is a young and fast growing company founded in 2017. We already operate a 75.000 Ton/year PLA plant in Rayong, Thailand and are building an additional 100.000 Ton/year plant in Grandpuits, France.
Within our Marketing team we currently have an open vacancy for a:
As Product Manager you will focus on the management and development of our global product portfolio and all aspects around this. Total Corbion PLA's bioplastics are used in many market segments, including rigid food packaging, 3D printing, non-wovens, flexible packaging and durable goods. The role is a global role with a key focus on product management and quality affairs.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Understand in detail key markets and applications for PLA and the technical, regulatory, certification and packaging needs of PLA customers.
- Responsible for product documentation and making that available to internal and external shareholders.
- Manage the operational aspects within the relevant product portfolio, including new product introductions, product changes and product rationalizations.
- Develop and execute product strategies in accordance with global and regional business strategies.
- Obtaining a deep understanding of the competitive market situation for the feedstocks we use and the products we produce.
- Manage our efforts in obtaining relevant market intelligence for the key applications PLA is used in.
- Responsible for global quality affairs and control, aligning our procedures and systems between the various production locations.
- Set-up and maintenance of quality management systems including reporting.
- Organize product quality and process audits to ensure product quality consistency.
- Initiate and execute quality improvement projects to ensure continuous improvement.
- Owner of global complaint handling process and resolution of product quality issues.
- Leverage knowledge and contacts available from our parent companies, Corbion and Total.
- University degree (or equivalent) in marketing, business administration and/or technical/polymer science/chemistry. A Master’s degree is an advantage.
- At least 5 years of experience in the plastics industry, marketing, product management or application development.
- Good understanding of the main technical characteristics of plastics in various markets and applications and preferably knowledge of circular and sustainable value propositions.
- Thrives on a challenging and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a high level of integrity.
- Ability to effectively network and function in a complex internal and external ecosystem of colleagues, stakeholders, and influencers.
What we offer:
We offer competitive remuneration and benefits and your location will be Total Corbion PLA head office in Gorinchem, The Netherlands. What makes Total Corbion PLA special is that we produce and market environmentally friendly, biobased and biodegradable plastics that help to create a better and waste free society. Our company is made up of talented, dedicated people – people who share a purpose and a vision.
We offer you the chance to join a company with a:
- Culture to empower people and where your initiatives and ideas make a real difference
- International focus with truly diverse teams
- Friendly & informal culture in a demanding professional environment
In addition, we actively embrace diversity in how we work together and contribute toward our shared objectives and values. By joining Total Corbion PLA, you will become an employee in a company where you can feel pride in your achievements and develop your career with global prospects.
Please apply by submitting your resumé and cover letter to Jaap Krijgsman, HR Director (email@example.com)
For more information you can contact Floris Buijzen, Senior Product Market Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)