Total Corbion PLA is a global technology leader in Poly Lactic Acid (PLA). PLA is a versatile, biobased and biodegradable polymer made from annually renewable resources. PLA offers a reduced carbon footprint versus many traditional plastics and offers a range of sustainable end of life options including composting, mechanical or chemical recycling. Total Corbion PLA is a young and fast growing company founded in 2017. We already operate a PLA plant in Rayong, Thailand and are building an additional plant in Grandpuits, France.
Within our Marketing team we currently have an open vacancy:
Market Segment Leader
As Market Segment Leader you will focus on developing and driving our global market segment strategy. Total Corbion PLA's bioplastics are used in many market segments, including rigid food packaging, 3D printing, non-wovens, flexible packaging and durable goods. In order to accelerate growth and profitability we want to select and put extra focus on our winning market segments. The role is a global role with a key focus on a number of high growth countries.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop and drive forward the global market segment strategy for selected winning market segments.
- Develop and articulate winning value propositions and commercialization paths.
- Lead the process from ideation to implementation for product, application and market development initiatives.
- Lead engagement with key brand owners and specifiers to support, in conjunction with the R&D team, application and/or product development.
- Lead generation and follow up, leveraging the existing contact from the sales and BD team, to accelerate market segment penetration and profitable growth.
- Target the leading OEM’s across the winning market segments.
- Develop and share best practices around market segment leadership (process/tool)
- Build a strong pipeline of opportunities which align with the defined product and technology growth platforms that have been identified as presenting a key point of differentiation.
- Support the process of application know-how transfer and scale-up from one region to another.
- Price setting for new offerings and price guidance for existing offerings to ensure consistency and delivering on defined profitability.
- Building deep knowledge of the competitive environment; trends, products, technologies, regulations and competitors within the defined segments.
- Leverage knowledge and contacts available from our parent companies, Corbion and Total.
- University degree (or equivalent), Master’s degree - an advantage.
- At least 6-8 years of experience in the plastics industry, marketing, product management or application development.
- Good understanding of the main technical characteristics of plastics in various markets and applications and preferably knowledge of circular and sustainable value propositions.
- Experienced in creating effective relationships with customers, key stakeholders, brand owners and other relevant value chain partners in the field of plastics.
- Thrives on a challenging and fast-paced environment.
- Professional-level writing, editing, messaging and storytelling skills.
- Ability to effectively network and function in a complex internal and external ecosystem of colleagues, stakeholders and influencers.
- Frequent (international) travel will be part of the job (once Covid restrictions are reduced).
We offer competitive remuneration and benefits and your location will be the Total Corbion PLA head office in Gorinchem, The Netherlands. What makes Total Corbion PLA special is that we produce and market environmentally friendly, biobased and biodegradable plastics that help to create a better and waste-free society. Our company is made up of talented, dedicated people – people who share a purpose and a vision.
We offer you the chance to join a company with a:
- Culture to empower people and where your initiatives and ideas make a real difference
- International focus with truly diverse teams
- Friendly & informal culture in a demanding professional environment
In addition, we actively embrace diversity in how we work together and contribute toward our shared objectives and values. By joining Total Corbion PLA, you will become an employee in a company where you can feel pride in your achievements and develop your career with global prospects
Please apply by submitting your resumé and cover letter to Jaap Krijgsman, HR Director: email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +31 183 695 695.
For more information you can contact François de Bie, Senior Marketing Director: email email@example.com or telephone +31 183 695 695.